A tourist visa is issued to a foreigner for the purpose of tourism. The visa is valid for 6moths from the date of issue. If it is issued but the sultanate’s missions abroad with the coordination of the authorities concerned, it must be stamped within 1month from the date of issue and must be utilized within 1month from the date of stamping on the passport.
A tourist visa is valid for a maximum stay of 3weeks from the date of entry and can be extended once for a period not exceeding 1week. The coast of a tourist visa is RO5 and w.e.f. January 5, 2002, can be purchased at Seeb international airport. It allows for multiple entries.
- Business Visa may also be purchased at Seeb International Airport and Cost RO 7. Multi-trip Business visa is issued at the request of a local sponsor and on the sponsor’s responsibility to foreign businessmen who wish to enter the country more than once. It is also issued to diplomats accredited to the GCC States. It is valid for entry 6months from the date of issue and its validity various between 6months to 1year from the date of the passport stamp.
- Holders of this visa must stay in the country for a period not exceeding 3weeks for each visit. For American and British nationals, the multi-entry visa is valid for 2 years and allows stays for 6months of each visit in accordance with the principle of reciprocity.
- The visa is renewable.
- However, to apply for a Multi-trip Business visa, the visitor must have visited the same sponsor at least once on a commercial or Urgent Visa. He must be in the country when the application is submitted and must personally appear for finger-printing documents required for a business visa
- The specified visa application form, typewritten and signed and stamped by the sponsor
- Two 4x6cm photographs of the applicant
- The original and a copy of the applicant’s passport valid for not less than 3months
- A copy of the authorized signatures issued by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry
- A valid copy of the company’s certificate of membership with the Ministry of Commerce & Industry
- Covering letter with application from the sponsor
INVESTOR’S RESIDENCY VISA
- This visa is issued to a foreigner who wishes to invest in the country. The visa is valid for 6months from the date of issue for a maximum stay of 2years from the date of entry or passport stamp. It is renewable for a similar period and grants multiple entries or the country. The investor or Partner must obtain the approval of the Ministry of commerce & industry to invest in the sultanate.
- Documents required
- Specified visa application form, typewritten, signed and stamped by the sponsor
- Two 4x6cm photographs of the applicant
- Copy of the applicant’s passport which must be valid for less than 3months
- Original and a copy of the partnership certificate, issued by the Ministry of commerce & industry
- Valid copy of the membership certificates with the Oman Chamber of commerce & Industry
These visas are valid for a maximum stay of 14 days from the date of entry. The applicant must have a valid passport from those countries listed on the ROP website (http://www.rop.gov.om/). He must have a sufficient amount of money and a valid return ticket. Before being allowed entry, he must complete his full details on the specified card. It allows only one entry and cannot be extended, unless in an emergency. It is only issued at Seeb international airport and the departure must also take place from here. The Visa fee is RO 20.00 An extension in the event of an emergency will cost RO 10.00
These are issued by the competent authority at the air carrier’s request. It is valid for a maximum stay of 72hours and allows one entry into the sultanate. Passengers must be in transit traveling to another country from where they have departed. Those eligible for the transit visa must have to stay for longer than 6hours in Seeb Airport.
FAMILY JOINING RESIDENCE VISA
This visa so issued to the wife and children of a sponsored resident foreigner and also to the foreign wife of an Omani national at his request, supported by a certificate verifying the marriage.
Family Residence Visa issued to foreigners who are not eligible for the family joining Visa. It is valid for entry within 6months of its issue date; valid for residence in Oman for 2 years from the date of entry; renewable; multi-entry.
The sponsor must be a competent local sponsor and responsible for the accuracy of the data entered. Children must not be above 28 years (Gregorian calendar) and brothers & sisters (of the applicant) must be over 18years.
- Specified visa application form, typewritten, signed, and stamped by the sponsor
- Two 4x6cm photographs of the applicant
- Copy of the applicant’s passport which must be valid for not less than 3months
- Copy of the resident’s passport who is applying to bring in his family Duplicate of the employment contact co-signed by the sponsor and the foreign employee and copy of the employee’s valid labor card
- The ‘Undertaking Form’ specified for the family –joining visa applications co-signed by the sponsor and the employee
- Proof of the relationship between the resident foreigner and the person who is to join him/her, unless the passports prove the relationship
- Copy of specimen of the authorized signatures issued by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry (if the sponsor is an individual citizen, attach a copy of the sponsor’s ID card for signature comparison)
- For a person aged 15 and above, arriving from certain countries, a copy of a medical certificate from a certified clinic must be provided Copies of both parents’ passports.
SAILORS TRANSIT VISA
These are issued to sailors who wish to enter by sea and depart by air (or vice versa) due to urgent reasons. The visa valid for entry within 3months from the date of issue and is valid for a maximum stay of 1 week from the date of entry.
Required documents :
- Completed Sailors Transit Visa form outlining reasons for applications
- Copy of sailor’s valid passport
- Letter of application from agent
- The no Objection Certificate
- Once this objection certificate
- Once this has been authorized a number will be sent to the airport you are flying from and it is only then that you can board the flight. At Muscat airport, you can exchange your number at passport control and they will then hand you your visa. The NOC can only be obtained from Seeb International airport but most hotels can arrange one for you within a week.
- If you have sole custody of a child you want to bring with you must have the written consent of the other parent authenticated by a solicitor or if the other parent cannot be found then a divorce decree paper or sole custody paperwork or a death certificate should be accepted instead.
Certificate attestation can be done from the issued country of the certificate. For using the degree certificate in Oman, the certificate should be attested from the concerned HRD/MEA & the corresponding Embassy of the country to which the certificate holder plans to go.
Documents required for Educational Certificate Attestation for Oman:
- Original certificate
- Passport copy
- Visa copy
- Degree copy
- Mark sheet all year
- HSC Certificate
- SSC Certificate
- Please note: Applicant needs to provide 1 Passport size photograph in case of the document is originated from Andhra Pradesh.
DOCUMENT FOR EMPLOYMENT VISA
- Original, signed India passport with a least 6month of remaining validity.
- Passport-type photographs :2
- Visa application form. Visa application form filled out in detail (block letters) and signed by the applicant.
- Copy of round trip tickets or itinerary.
- Approval issued by the passport and immigration department in Oman.
- If staying with friends or family, a letter of invitation from the host in Oman, NOTARIZED by the appropriate city hall in Oman can be used instead of the hotel reservation.
- A personal letter from the applicant addressed to the Embassy of Oman, explaining the purpose of the trip, dates of travel, cities to be visited, and place of accommodation.